As former host of ‘in your bag’ on PGATOUR Radio Sirius XM it is so important that you have have the right clubs in your bag to help you play this difficult game.
It is so important that your clubs fit you and you are not trying to fit your clubs!!
Golf club custom fitting has become increasingly popular and is now seen as essential by most golfers when investing in new equipment.
Custom fitting used to be la luxury just for professionals, but now so widely available for everyone it is important you take advantage and make sure your equipment is helping you improve and not hindering you.
Golf clubs should be personalised to you taking into account not only your height and wrist to floor measurement but also your swing speed and technique. It is actually more important that you get the correct weighted clubs than flex to suit your swing.
I also truly believe in gapping and using TRACKMAN to help ensure you have the right mix of equipment in your bag to suit the type of courses your play on a regular basis. Often my students have big gaps in their bags that causes difficulty when between clubs.
Below is a list of clubs I carry in my bag:
- Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 10.5 - Fujikura platinum 5S 49 grams
- 3 Wood - Rogue 15 degree - Matrix A Rulz Stiff
- 5 Wood - Rogue 18 degree - Matrix A Rulz Stiff
- Callaway UT iron 21 degree - Recoil F4 110
- APEX irons - 5 – PW - Recoil F4 95g shafts
- Mac Daddy 4 Wedges - 48 degree - S grind - 10 bounce - Recoil F4 110g
- Mac Daddy 4 Wedges - 54 degree- W grind - 12 bounce - Recoil F4 110g
- Mac Daddy 4 Wedges - 60 degree - W grind - 12 bounce - Recoil F4 110g
- Putter - Toulon design - Madison - 34 inch - Counter balance - 2.0 mid slim